Washington D.C.

So, as I was reviewing my blog I realized my profile picture is very out of date. I then turned to Facebook to try and find an appropriate picture, but I have no recent ones of just me! I think because I sometimes feel weird taking pictures by myself so I make funny faces to make me feel less funny...but then the picture turns out horrible! So you will just have to suffer with my out of date picture. :)

Anyways, we just got back from Washington D.C. today! It was a lot of  fun! I had to keep reminding myself I was in Washington D.C. It was weird, not like I had forgotten that I wasn't home, but it just felt normal in a lot of places. (I'm weird, I know) But it was a whole bunch of fun! I think one of my favorite memories was last night. Lela, Dad, Vanessa, and I (Mom wasn't feeling good so she stayed at the hotel, and tried to work my computer, which is a separate funny story) walked around D.C. and saw the WWII monument, the Washington Monument, the White House (from a distance), the Martin Luther King Jr. Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial. It was around 9 at night, so it had cooled down and there was a nice breeze, and it was just fun walking around at our own pace! We also got to see the President fly back home! He flew right over our heads and we all waved (well, Dad waved at the pilots) so we got to see the President! It was pretty cool!


The Library of Congress

But on Saturday we got to tour the Pentagon with a two star general! It was so cool! We also got to meet three three star generals and I got to say hello to the Secretary of the Air Force! :) So now I am important...by association! ;) On Monday we got to tour the Capitol building, and we ran though the Library of Congress as well. The Library is awesome, its so pretty and I could have spent a very long time there! But we got a staff lead tour, with another intern, Lela, and one of the people she works with. We got to go in the tunnels connecting the buildings and that was pretty cool too! But the coolest part was being able to go onto the House Floor where the State of the Union Address is given and actually sit in their seats. It was super cool! Plus we got some really good tours and information about the places we went, and we were showed some bullet holes which was cool too. (Oh, and I may have pushed some of the buttons they use to vote on the Floor, maybe the yea or nay buttons...) But it was a lot of fun! We also got to see Arlington, China Town, the International Spy Museum, Mount Vernon (Washington's Home), the Air and Space Museum, the Washington D.C. temple, and the the Natural History Museum. Oh and I found the Einstein bobble heads from Night at the Museum 2. I felt very accomplished, and if Lela ever puts those pictures up I shall transfer one onto this blog posts.


D.C. Temple

But I think that's about all of it! It was a lot of fun, and it also reinforced how much I hate driving in lots of traffic. It makes me slightly moody. But anyways, a lot of fun and we didn't even get to see half of it! But hopefully we'll be able to go back and finish all the things we didn't see. But that's it for now! Ta-ta for now!

~Shaina

P.S. The Washington Zoo had baby cheetahs, but since they only came out at certain times and we didn't ever have time to get there to see them....here is a picture of a baby cheetah for you to enjoy! :)


(So cute!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Motivation

Lessons from a Movie: Ford v Ferrari

My Fitness Journey