Shaina goes to Washington

Yes, I am currently in Washington D.C. We drove up today to visit Lela until Tuesday, and to squeeze in as much sight seeing as we can in this small amount of time. We got in today and visited with Lela and our cousin Melanie and went to this little restaurant that was super good! We got pizza and some pretty tasty salads, and then went to the grocery store next door to get some ice cream for dessert! Then we went back to Melanie's house and visited with her and roommate. It was a bunch of fun just visiting and talking about basically everything. Then we embarked on a journey to Lela's place where she is staying (it has an official name, but I don't remember it right now,) and waited for her to pack her things to come stay with us in the hotel for the weekend. I had to wash someone's mug, which kind of made me annoyed since I don't even live there, but it can be my service for the week/day. Then we braved the confusing streets and came back to the hotel, and here we are. And I'm finally blogging after some "encouragement" from my dear friend Lindsey. :)
But that's today, this past week I put in my two week's notice for Carowinds, since college is coming up! Wooh! Super exciting, I leave on August 15th, so less than a month away! Crazy how fast its coming! So my last day working will be August 6th, and then we're going to the beach for 4 days and the the crazy, hectic packing begins!
So now to some friendly suggestions from Shaina! Starring: her recent addictions :)
  • Parachute: Kiss Me Slowly (I love this song, it's so cute!)
  • Lizzie Bennet Diaries (Youtube miniseries, based on Pride and Prejudice)
  • New Girl (cute and funny tv show, that Danielle introduced me too)
  • He is We: All About US (cute song as well)
That's all the suggestions I have for now, but until next time! Which will hopefully not be months away ;)
~Shaina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Motivation

Lessons from a Movie: Ford v Ferrari

5 Ways to Make Working Out in the AM Easier