My Fitness Journey


Last January (2019) I decided I needed to make a change. I was commuting an hour and ten minutes one way and most of my job consisted of sitting. I also was going to be turning 25 (I know, so old! ;)) and heard somewhere that after you turn 25 it’s a lot harder to become healthy. (I have no idea if that is true, but it scared me enough to motivate me) 

So I decided I needed to find something that I could do to stay healthy. The hard part was that by the time I got home from work it was 6:30 pm and I was starving and ready for dinner. 

I didn’t want to go anywhere after driving to work and was already getting up at 5:50 am. I didn’t know how I was going to fit it in until a very wise co-worker suggested I eat a snack on the way home!

It was like a light-bulb went off in my brain. 

You all may have noticed that was the answer right away, but for me when I was trying to figure it out, I just saw a huge roadblock. Once she suggested that my biggest “excuse” was gone and I just needed to find what kind of workouts I would want to do.

I had seen another friend on Facebook posting about accountability groups and she had said the first two weeks would be free! I remember thinking, “I’ll get into the habit of working out in those two weeks and then I won’t need it anymore and can cancel before I have to pay for it.” I congratulated myself on a perfect plan and joined her group.

The workout program was called Beachbody (which some of you may have heard of), it’s basically a Netflix of workouts. I decided to do 21 Day Fix with Autumn Calabrese and it was actually really great!

I’m one of those people that if I don’t sweat a lot and feel out of breath at the end of the workout, I don’t think that I actually had a good workout. Guys…I did both, but didn’t even make it to the end of the workout before both of those things happened.

Needless to say, I decided to stay with Beachbody and it’s been a wild ride. I will say though, I didn’t get the results I wanted in 21 days. Mostly because it takes a bit to adjust your priorities as well as your attitude. I started in January, but didn’t take a picture until May. 

I wish I could have taken a picture in January when I started, but to be honest I was afraid to. But guys, I didn’t really see results until August.
Before: May 20, 2019
After: August 26, 2019

Even then, looking at the first picture you might think that it’s not good, but I had put so much work in to myself at that point, that I am proud of that first picture. The second picture is after I did 80 day obsession, which is where I saw a lot of my progress.

There were a lot of times when I didn’t feel like working out and sometimes I overcame that…other times I wouldn’t work out at all. This journey took a lot of constant reminders and remembering the reasons why I started.

The biggest things I have learned is that it takes consistency and a lot longer than you want to get results. You have to be willing to put in the work, especially when other people may laugh at you or think you’re a little crazy. I think this goes with everything in life, not just working out either. 

Your goals may be better success in your career or even making new friends. Always be patient with yourself, but make sure you aren’t just making excuses.

Here’s my picture from this past January (2020) compared to last May. It took me a year to get here and I’m not done yet! I figured out my relationship with exercise, but the next steps for me are my relationship with food/nutrition and finances. 

Also, you can just tell a difference in my confidence as well! I know that I can do hard things and I think it shows in the way I hold myself.


 Those are my big goals for this year, finances and food. I know those aren’t SMART goals, but for me it’s all about the journey of figuring out what my goals need to be to better myself. d.

The biggest thing that I’ve learned from my fitness journey so far is that it takes work, but it also takes people cheering you on. I always love having more people join my support network so if you’re interested let me know! 

But if you need someone to help support/motivate you, let me know! I’d love to help you so that we can all be successful together!

Let me know if you need some help with your fitness goals! I’m always willing to help, especially because I wouldn’t be where I’m at today without my people!

Here are some more pictures from May 2019 to August 2019!



Always remember you can do hard things!

#healthylife #fitnessjourney #nutrition #lifeisgood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Motivation

Lessons from a Movie: Ford v Ferrari