The BYU

Why hello world! Long time, no post! Contrary to popular belief, I have in fact not dropped of off the face of the earth. I have just been contained in a bubble. A BYU bubble. A pretty great bubble, if I do say so myself! But yes, I am alive and doing great!
First of all, I love BYU! It's amazing! There are so many great people here and I've made a lot of friends! I also love my classes! Fun fact: Today I went to the testing center and got an A on one of my college midterms! I felt (and still feel) super accomplished! It's been kind of crazy, trying to adjust to the all the work that you get in college. You want to go out and have fun, but you also have to do all that reading that is waiting for you...and it just gets bigger the longer you let it sit there. (Not like I have any experience with that of course) Plus, in school before you took all of your midterms the same week. I've started taking my second round of midterms, and I haven't even finished my first round! I have ASL and Psych next week. And I'll probably wind up taking them on the same day, because I'm super smart like that...or crazy, whichever you prefer!
The roomies! (Savanna, Lina, Michelle, Kayla, Makenzie, and I)
And of course, the great roommate question! I do have 5 of them, and I was super worried about it, but we all are awesome! We get along so great, and they seriously are my best friends. I love them and it's totally a no judging zone, since we're all kind of weird. But the fun weird. Like Disney sing-a-longs and dances in the hallway, and watching chick flicks, and just being friends and hanging out together.
So classes are great, even if they are super stressful! I love all of them! My English teacher brought us cookies on Monday, just because we had one of our papers due that day. (This was also the day I was convinced I was going to fail out of college, but then I came to class and I realized I could do this :)) And then in my Psych class, my professor is always giving us dating examples and trying to get kids to go on dates, but he was using some girl's skateboard, and skated around for a little bit. It was great. I love my professors. :)
Hmm, I also participated in homecoming week for BYU. Lela and I hiked the Y and were able to light the Y! I also got to go to True Blue! Where you went and got in blue foam, sliding down the foam slide and throwing it at random people. It was pretty fun!Then on Friday night, Lela, Kayla, and I all went to Divine Comedy. It was so funny, I loved it! My roommate Kayla and I went on Saturday morning to get free blue chocolate chip pancakes from the Creamery, that were surprisingly super good! And then of course the game that night, where we got creamed. (bahaha, creamed, creamery. Sorry, it's time for me to be in bed, but I felt the need to blog with some assistance from my sister.)
Us after we hiked and lit the Y!
Plus, it's been super cool being able to hang out with Lela so much! I haven't lived in the same state as her since elementary school, so its been fun just going over to her house whenever I want. (Or am hungry) But we also go running (most of the time) in the mornings, and then we eat breakfast together. I love it so much, and I'm glad that she's here with me! :) Especially since she's been my Divine Comedy buddy!
I don't really know what else to say, just that hopefully I won't wait so long to blog, since this doesn't really tell you all the fun stories. But just know, I'm having a lot of fun, studying hard, being social, and sleeping a healthy amount. (One of those may be a slight exaggeration, you decide.)
But that's it for now, except watch Sunday at Tiffany's! We watched it tonight and it was super cute! And now a quote from it that I loved.... "I tripped and fell on your lip!"
Good night! :)
~Shaina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Motivation

Lessons from a Movie: Ford v Ferrari

5 Ways to Make Working Out in the AM Easier