Glances

I had an epiphany today on the bus...yes, you read that right, I learned something from a high school bus.
Have you ever noticed how many people we come in contact with? It's crazy really, and we don't even know them! For instance walking down a hallway or sitting on a bus, you don't know half of the people there and out of school you probably don't know anyone! Our bus was really crowded today, and my friend and I didn't get to sit together on the bus so I had to try and find another seat. And I only know a couple of people on the bus and they're not really friends but I know them...but I didn't sit with anyone I knew. I sat down to a random kid who was nice enough to move over for me. We both listened to our ipods, and sometimes when I'm feeling hyper or just friendly I'll strike up a conversation. But today I didn't. I was listening to my ipod and just thinking and the moment had already passed where I could have started a conversation.
Just think. You sit down to people you don't know all the time, what if they could have been you're new best friend? If they had something you needed, like advice or just to be a friend, or maybe you could be that for them.
It just really hit me how we are so anti-social!
Anyways that's something new that I learned and just thought I'd share it.
Happy New Year everyone!
And now I'm off to Dreamland to try and catch up on some sleep I missed today with the start of school again.
Adieu
~Shaina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inner Motivation

Lessons from a Movie: Ford v Ferrari

5 Ways to Make Working Out in the AM Easier